My ever-giving sister decided that for her birthday, she wanted to go on the steam train in Mount Herman because she knows how much Jack loves trains. It was surreal for me to have my kiddos go on this train with my family because many, many, many years ago, Nance and I went on this train with Nana and Papa. I'm sure they were smiling from above, watching their son (my dad/Pappy) going on the train with his grandchildren, just as they once did. Jack loved it; he sat on our laps, taking it all in, handing his ticket to the conductor and watching the steam engine. Brooke enjoying walking from family member to family member while the train was stationary. But once the train was moving she clung to the nearest family member for dear life! We finished the evening with birthday ice cream cake and cup cakes for Nini.
The next day, we went to a pumpkin patch for the kiddos to run around and ride yet another train - this time in the caboose. Next to the patch was a fresh produce stand, so we picked up corn for dinner. And of course, no weekend is complete without playing some baseball. Even though we spent 4 days there, it went by too quick.

YAY Birthday Weekend! We had the BEST time with you three and I couldn't have asked for a better way to celebrate my birthday. You do know that I will be expecting this every year, right? :)
ReplyDelete