Thursday, March 11, 2010

Cars

For years, YEARS, we've been storing this huge box (think wardrobe size) everywhere we've lived... in the side of the storage area, in the garage. Last night, Scott finally dove into it and pulled out a treasure.

Jack has recently taken to matchbox cars. He got some as a Christmas present, and most recently, one from speech therapy and one from a birthday party. He has been playing with his set of maybe 8 cars. Until last night.

Scott pulled out his set of maybe 88 cars. The boys spent a good amount of time inspecting just about every car. Scott and his excitement of reliving his boyhood and the fond memories these matchbox cars held for him. Jack and his excitement of finding a new (to him, since these cars are from the 1970's) toy and the wonder of it all.

It really was one of those moments I hope I always remember. Seeing Scott being able to share a part of his past, making a future for him and his son.

Scott explaining the car; see the pure joy on Jack's face.
See the pure joy on Scott's face!
Just part of all the matchbox cars.

2 comments:

  1. Awe-some! I love it! And I love that Murphy is getting into the action too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Father, Like Son. I can see it really takes off!!!

    ReplyDelete