Thursday, April 8, 2010

Andrew

My cousin Kristina is adopting through the county. She got a call 1.5 weeks ago saying there was a baby for her. She met the social worker 4 days later, met the baby 4 days after that and brought him home 2 days later -- yesterday! I'm so unbelievably happy for Kristina because I know just how long she has waited for this. And I can remember exactly how it felt to get "that call", to see your son for the first time and to bring him home for the first time. Which incidentally, Kristina was there at the airport the day we brought home Jack and was at our house the day we brought home Brooke. And personally, I think it is pretty cool that my kiddos will have a cousin who was also adopted.

Scott with 4 month old Andrew.
Andrew about to fall asleep on Scott.
Brooke, Andrew, me and Jack

2 comments:

  1. YAY STEIN! SO happy for her, and can't wait to meet Andrew! He's so cute! Such big, big eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!! How sweet. The happiness has to be outstanding. Cant wait to see the mom and son in person

    ReplyDelete