Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fever

Monday, 8/23
Brooke woke up a little warm but I didn’t take her temperature. She was clingy all day at day care (they went to Chuck E Cheese and Brooke just wanted to be held the whole time). By 3:30pm, Mrs. Angela took her temperature – 101 range and gave her Tylenol. At bedtime, her fever was back so I have her Motrin. I also did check her mouth and her bottom right 2-year molar was just starting to cut (couldn’t see it, but could feel it), so I’m not sure if the fever is related to teething or PFAPA.

Tuesday 8/24
No fever when she woke up, but was clingy all day long and just wanted to be held (unlike her). By 3:30pm the fever was back in the 101 range so Mrs. Angela gave her Tylenol. At dinner time, she was storing her food, had too much in her mouth while trying to swallow and threw up. At bedtime, the fever was only in the 99 range and she slept through the night.

Wednesday 8/25, Thursday 8/26 and Friday 8/27
Each morning, her temperature was in the 99.5 / 99.8 range; although closer to 99.2 by Saturday 8/28. We didn't have her any medicine to see what happens. I’ve noticed during this fever bout, that she isn’t eating much. Not sure if it because of the teething or not but even trying to give her soft foods still isn’t getting her to eat much.

She was clear over the weekend and I think even Monday.

Tuesday 8/31
She woke up congested and a little warm.

Wednesday 9/1 and Thursday 9/2
She obviously has a cold with a runny yet snotty nose and fevers in the 102 range. Cold medicine seems to be helping her. Although Wednesday night she was up in the middle of the night crying.

Friday 9/3
Her fever is now up to 104 - so we're giving her Motrin and cold medicine together.

Saturday 9/4
Fever ranged from 102 to 104, managed with Motrin and Tylenol to break it.

Sunday 9/5
Fever stayed around the 102 range, but when I gave her Motrin after her nap and watched the fever all evening, it didn't go down past 100 and stayed more around 101. She was a little clingy but still played outside with her brother.

Monday 9/6
Woke up with 104.4 fever. I found a mark on her tongue, although I'm not sure what it is. And the fever was gone on Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. Im so glad that fever problem is gone.She felt like fire at times when i held her on sat. Kiss and hug from me.

    ReplyDelete