I thought instead of doing my monthly bullet points stating how Jack started tball little league or how Brooke knows her first, middle and last name, that I'd do a brain dump on each child's overall personality as of recent.
Jack:
I once read that a child's personality, core values, etc. is set once they are 5 years old. If this is true, Jack is going to be one amazing man. He turns 5 in a month and I couldn't be more in love with his personality. His laugh is so contagious; it can pull me out of the worse moods. He is just loving and giving. He watches out for his sister and protects her against everyone else (parents included). He usually follows direction, has great manners and just wakes up happy and stays that way all day long. He'll say things such as "have a great day at work Daddy" and then crack himself up with a knock-knock joke. He is insightful and has an amazing memory.
I showed Jack a picture of my grandparents....
Me: Who is this?
Jack: Nana and Papa.
Me: Who are Nana and Papa?
Jack: Your grandparents and they are in heaven with Charlie [our cat] and you love them very much!
Brooke:
She is becoming more and more beautiful and she knows it. She'll tilt her head to the side and down, look up at you with her big blue eyes and roll her shoulder inward to pull you in and try to get what she wants. She was never much of a cuddler but recently she'll request me to hold her every night - all night long. She is fiercely independent, wanting to do everything herself (getting dressed, brushing teeth, etc.), but will still pull the shy-thing in new places and with people she doesn't know. She is an adventurous eater - willing to try just about everything. She loves to give out hugs and kisses. Some of our favorite things she says are "It's morning time" and "I rove you".
Try this one on Jack (one of Owen's favs)
ReplyDeleteKnock Knock
Who's there?
Olive
Olive who?
OLIVE YOU!!!