Friday, May 20, 2011

Weight

We had another follow up GI appointment for Jack's. Nothing big.... he has gained almost half a pound in 3 month (although who knows if it is weight or different clothes). He is still somewhere in the 36lbs range. And his height is 40.75" (or 3 feel and 4.75"). 10% for both.

I will say, we've stopped the DuoCal, which is a calorie supplement powder. And the afternoon smoothie is probably only once or twice a week. And I'm learning to be okay with this. He is one the charts - granted, not rapidly increasing on the charts, actually his acceleration is slowing, but he is on there. And look at him - he looks healthy, not skinny. I don't see his ribs when his shirt is off. He eats at every meal, even if it isn't everything. He'll eat snacks and he'll even eat (sometimes) at events where I'm not constantly nagging him to eat.

The strange thing he, he feels heavier to me, and looks taller. So maybe he'll hit a growth spurt... or maybe not. We'll continue with the appetite enhancer medicine, snacks and smoothies (when we can), but I'm no longer obsessing over this.... or at least trying not to... until the next appointment where he still hasn't gained weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment