Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Dare I say... the perfect son?

I'm sure every parent thinks their child is the best, is perfect, the ideal child. I've always thought that we are so extremely lucky in having Jack as our son. He is happy, easy going, loveable. And now I have a doctors agreement that validates my opinion!

Jack met with our psychologist yesterday. She spent about 30 minutes playing and talking with him. She said that Jack was clearly competitive and had a very good attention span for his age. She told us that she looked for signs of a troubled child, a distant child, a defiant child, etc. And all she could find was one who was bright, confident, well-adjusted, good humored, outgoing. Well... YA!! That is what we've been telling her. She even topped it off by saying in all her years of being with kids, she rarely comes across a child as well ground and happy as Jack. (yes, my heart is beaming with pride!)

She said that she gave Jack a challenge, but wouldn't tell us what it was. She also said to be competitive with him about his eating, meaning saying things such as, "I bet I can finish my dinner first." The dinner after meeting with the doctor, Jack didn't go on and on with his stories like he usually does - he ate his dinner (all pasta first, then all bell peppers, then all green beans, then all the meat) and ate quickly in order to try to finish first. Whatever the challenge is, I'll take it!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty Cool. Now you will have an eater who beats me. Love U all Uncle Ron and Aunt Ella

    ReplyDelete