Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Pee

Cute little girl sleeping, right? Most nights, that is true. Some mornings.... not so much. About a month ago, she peed in the bed. Not a big deal, as accidents happen. But then a couple weeks later, one evening she got dressed in her PJs after bathtime, and it just smelled of urine. Turns out, she had peed the night before, hid it from us, even took a nap in the pee-soaked bed and then put back on the peed-soaked PJs. After stripping her and the bed, and re-bathing her, we had a talk about accidents happen, but you have to tell Mommy and Daddy if you pee in the bed.

Then a short time after that, I find pee-soaked undies and PJs buried in the laundry basket. Brooke said she tried to get to the bathroom in time, but didn't make it. That appeared to be true since the bed was dry. So then it was another talk about even if you pee in your undies (not just the bed), to still tell Mommy and Daddy.

Monday early morning, I wake to hear Brooke crying softly. I go into her room and she says she has to go pee SO badly. She goes to the bathroom, then back to bed - no problem. Later in the day, I talked to her about it being okay to get out of bed to go to the bathroom. It is a conversation we've had a lot in the past and I thought she understood it.

Tuesday I wake Brooke up, tell her to get dressed and ready for school. A couple hours later, when I go into her room to do laundry, I find pee-soaked undies and PJs. I thought maybe she just didn't make it to the bathroom again because I hadn't smelled anything when I woke her up. But nope... big pee circle in her bed. So we had another talk with Brooke about sometimes it happens that you pee in bed and we aren't mad that she pees in her bed..... but that we are upset if she doesn't tell us.

A while ago, we stopped all water before bedtime and recently, cut back to nothing to drink after 7pm. And even though the washing is a pain, it really isn't a big deal (thank goodness for the sanitize setting on the washing machine!). But it is the not telling us that irks me.

2 comments:

  1. Frustrating! I'm sure she will get it, and as you said, accidents happen, but I'm wondering if maybe she has an infection of some sort? Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan! My 2 girls (6 and 4), continue to have accidents off and on continously. Not usually in their beds, but at school while playing. They don't want to stop what they're doing and maybe it's scary to go alone. The pediatrician said it might be attention seeking behavior. She said I could do a work up, but it would be invasive procedures. I keep waiting, talking, finding surprises almost daily and doing lots of laundry. Frustrating.

    Glad I found your blog through your Facebook post! I love it! Ive been blogging too. Very rewarding. TTYL!
    Lindy

    ReplyDelete