Last week Jack went to Star Wars Jedi training camp for 3 hours a day. In addition to Star Wars coloring books and playing "Catch the flag", they also did a little lightsaber training. Jack had been looking forward to this camp for weeks... no, months really.
During the same week, Brooke went to dance camp for 5 hours a day. It was her first time at a totally new place and even ate lunch away from us. She did great. Although on the 3rd day, when Scott went to pick her up, he couldn't find her. Turns out, she decided she was tired, went over to a corner and fell asleep! Seems dance camp really did tired her out! Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of her dance camp.
Both kids were very happy with their summer camps. And I was pleased they were both so outgoing and excited to go. Vacation Bible School camp at the end of June was "easy" because they were together, it was at our church / kids preschool... all familiar stuff. But last weeks camps were different -- they were on their own, new places, didn't know anyone else and new activities for them to do. But they were excited each morning to go and was so excited to tell me stories of their day each evening.
And I just I had to throw in this jiu-jitsu picture of Jack taking down his opponent.
No comments:
Post a Comment