Thursday, October 11, 2012

Birthday parties

We are busy on weekends with the kids sports (Brooke's gymnastics, Jack's jiu-jitsu and baseball) but we are also busy with birthday parties. We seem to go to at least 3 a month. Last weekend Jack went to his friend's Laser Quest birthday. That was nerve-racking for me as it as our first time and I just didn't know how he (okay - me) would react. You start by going into a briefing room. The person talks a mile a minute going over all the rules for about 15 minutes. Then you go into another dark room to put on a vest that is one-size-fits-all. So image the same vest that fits an adult male is on my little 41 lbs son. Then sending him off into a dark maze that I've never been in with about 25 seven to eleven year old boys, having never done it before. For those first 15 minutes I stood by the door, barely talking to my friend, just waiting for Jack to walk out. And of course, my nerves were for nothing. Jack came bouncing out all smiles, energetic and more than ready for the second round. 

The following day I took Brooke to our cousin's daughter birthday party. This one was much more manageable - in a gymnasium, surrounded by family. This time I sat down, relaxed and chatted with my aunt, uncle and cousins. 





No comments:

Post a Comment