Thursday, November 29, 2012

Sick or not

Yesterday I got a text from Brooke's teacher that Brooke was sick. I called the teacher and was told Brooke was sick, lathergic, not playing. I asked if Brooke was playing her and was told no - that Brooke said her head hurt but no fever. I knew Scott was unavailable, so I left work to get her. After I got Brooke but was still on my way home, Scott called. He said that when he went to get her up in the morning, he found her toys all over the floor. When he asked her what had happend, she said that she went to the bathroom and then played. He could tell she was exhausted so the story fit. At the breakfast table, she sat there for 30 minutes, not eating. After being told her she had less than 5 minutes to eat before leaving, she shoved all her food in her mouth, but then threw it all up. He asked her if she was sick or just put too much food in her mouth. She said the latter, so off to school she went.

After the new found knowledge, when I got her home, she didn't get to take a nap. I wanted her to learn that night time is when you sleep and you don't get to sleep during the day because you stayed up at night. Plus, I figured if she slept a lot during the day to catch up, she wouldn't sleep at night. So she watched me work, she worked on her birthday favors and our christmas cards.

However, when we went to put her to bed last night, we found throw up IN her bed. She couldn't answer what had happened. But my guess is, she woke up in the middle of the night, threw up and then played instead of getting back in the throw up.

We had to again explain the "we're not mad because you threw up in bed, we're mad because you didn't tell us". I tried to explain to her that she needs to tell us when something happens at night so I can take care of her. If she is sick and throwing up, I need to take care of her.

So now I have the guilt of if she did/does have a stomach thing since she threw up in the middle of the night, at breakfast and didn't eat anything all day.... and here I thought she was just playing us and was just tired, not sick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment