This is why I keep this blog going... to help me remember things in my kid's life, but I'm looking for when something happened and I clearly didn't write about it so I have no idea when it actually happened!
Jack had his second set of tube put into his ears in August 2011. Tubes are suppose to stay in for something like 9 - 18 months. (His first set in 2009 barely lasted 6 to 9 months.) I think the first tube came out in the beginning of this year (this is why I should have posted about it so I could "remember"!). I totally recall getting the tube out because Jack had been complaining it hurt and when I looked into his ear, I could see it starting to come out so I pulled it out with tweezers. Since then, I could see the other tube but not enough to pull it out.
But last Saturday night, Jack had been swimming in our pool and running around with his friends. All of a sudden, he felt something in his ear, and his tube had finally made it's way out and was sitting in his ear. Almost 21 months that tube lasted. Ironically, Jack had his follow up appointment with the ENT two days later. The ENT said Jack's ears look great, and that at the last appointment in October 2012, we said one tube was already out (so much for my memory of when that actually happened!). There is a little congestion behind the ear drum in the right ear -- same ear the tube just came out of and he has a cold, so she wasn't worried. She said no more ear plugs! Which actually makes both Jack and I nervous since the poor boy has been wearing them for half his life every time he is in water.
As for Jack's teeth... purely for the purpose of documentation... as I was scrolling back in my posts to look for when the ear tube came out last time, I realized I didn't post about Jack's 4th tooth that came out in March. It was shortly after we had moved into our new house. The tooth had been a little wiggly. Jack had it set that he wanted to pull it out -- so that he'd have something to write about in his school journal the next day! He wiggled and wiggled it -- right before dinner. I was worried it would come out during dinner. He even though if he bit into the apple, that the tooth would get stuck on the apple and come out that way.... it didn't, but Jack literally just yanked the tooth right now.
To recap: He lost his first tooth in January 2012, 2nd in July 2012, 3rd February 2013 and 4th March 2013. The first two teeth were the middle bottom two and the next two teeth were the 2 next to those. And now his top teeth are starting to wiggle - enough where I'm starting to see a gap between his front two teeth.
Jack had his second set of tube put into his ears in August 2011. Tubes are suppose to stay in for something like 9 - 18 months. (His first set in 2009 barely lasted 6 to 9 months.) I think the first tube came out in the beginning of this year (this is why I should have posted about it so I could "remember"!). I totally recall getting the tube out because Jack had been complaining it hurt and when I looked into his ear, I could see it starting to come out so I pulled it out with tweezers. Since then, I could see the other tube but not enough to pull it out.
But last Saturday night, Jack had been swimming in our pool and running around with his friends. All of a sudden, he felt something in his ear, and his tube had finally made it's way out and was sitting in his ear. Almost 21 months that tube lasted. Ironically, Jack had his follow up appointment with the ENT two days later. The ENT said Jack's ears look great, and that at the last appointment in October 2012, we said one tube was already out (so much for my memory of when that actually happened!). There is a little congestion behind the ear drum in the right ear -- same ear the tube just came out of and he has a cold, so she wasn't worried. She said no more ear plugs! Which actually makes both Jack and I nervous since the poor boy has been wearing them for half his life every time he is in water.
As for Jack's teeth... purely for the purpose of documentation... as I was scrolling back in my posts to look for when the ear tube came out last time, I realized I didn't post about Jack's 4th tooth that came out in March. It was shortly after we had moved into our new house. The tooth had been a little wiggly. Jack had it set that he wanted to pull it out -- so that he'd have something to write about in his school journal the next day! He wiggled and wiggled it -- right before dinner. I was worried it would come out during dinner. He even though if he bit into the apple, that the tooth would get stuck on the apple and come out that way.... it didn't, but Jack literally just yanked the tooth right now.
To recap: He lost his first tooth in January 2012, 2nd in July 2012, 3rd February 2013 and 4th March 2013. The first two teeth were the middle bottom two and the next two teeth were the 2 next to those. And now his top teeth are starting to wiggle - enough where I'm starting to see a gap between his front two teeth.
No comments:
Post a Comment