Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Sleep walking

Last night as we turned off the TV to go to sleep, it was all quiet and dark. We hear this shuffling of feet – moving fairly fast but not running. Scott catches a glimpse of Jack heading down the stairs. Scott calls out to him – but nothing. We jump out of bed and race down the stairs. As we both reach the bottom of the stairs, Jack walks back toward the stairs from the family room and comes directly into my arms. I scoop him up and head back up the stairs. I’m holding him so I can't see his face and it was too dark for Scott to see Jack’s eyes. I took him back to his bed and put him in. His eyes were totally closed and he made no signs of being awake.


Maybe a year ago (maybe long), Jack slept walked down the hallway, into our room and laid on top of me. But last night was the first 1st time we’ve seen him sleep walk down the stairs! This is the 2nd time - that I know of - where Jack has slept walked. I've done a little Internet reading on it and although it doesn't seem there are any medical issues, it does raise some concerns about safety that we'll have to address. My limited reading did put a link between sleep talking and sleep walking. And we do hear Jack sleep talk a lot - maybe once a week. About half those times, he is saying, "NO BROOKE!"

No comments:

Post a Comment