Tuesday, September 10, 2013

1st day of Kinder and 2nd Grade

 It is official -- both kids are in elementary school. Once location for both drop off and pick up feels pretty good! They kids got an early start as they went to TLC (the after care program) for 3 days before school actually started (but only maybe 3 hours each day). On the first day of school, as we were walking onto campus, Jack was telling Brooke where everything was, "this is the office, that is the MPR, this is where we eat lunch." It was the cutest thing ever.

Jack's class lined up on the black top... little chaos trying to find the line while getting through the swarm of kids and saying hi to parents and friends. His teacher, Mrs. Cole!, introduced herself and escorted the kids to the classroom. We took a class picture in front of the classroom, which Jack loves the location because it is opens up to the soccer field. I think I was more anxious that he was - but I have him a hug and kiss and off he went with a smile, walking into his classroom and found his seat.

Just over an hour later, we went back to school to drop Brooke off (who is a Late Owl start). She has the same teacher Jack had for Kinder, whom we love. She was super excited, putting her backpack on the hook and walking into the room. She clung to my leg as I introduced her to Mrs. Ryan but then opened right up when she found the basket of books. Mrs. Ryan read "The Kissing Hand" and then the kids came to give us kisses, and us to them. She was totally fine and happy to be in school.

I shed some tears, but fortunately, I was the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment