This whole Cub Scout's thing is new to me but so far, so good. Since our camping trip in early October, Jack has been working on several belt loops. At our last pack meeting, he was awarded 6 belt loops and a patch (which I still need to figure out how to attach to his shirt!). He was SO excited to earn his patches and belt loops. 

The cub scouts had a space derby, which entailed making your own space rocket ship. We purchased the "kit", which has 2 blocks of wood, 3 sheets of plastic (for the fins/wings), rubber bands, propeller and a few other small items to construct the rocket. I warned Jack upfront, that since I was the one helping him, he may not win but we'd have fun together doing it. He didn't win any races, but he did win "best Halloween decorated ship", so that was great. And I got some tips for next year - as well as the race car derby coming up next year.
Jack learned about the flag - what the colors, stars and stripes stand for - as well as how to fold a flag. Here he is with his den and a flag from the civil war.


No comments:
Post a Comment