Scott and I moved to Southern California in 1999 with Murphy and his litter mate. Unfortunately, shortly after we moved here, the litter mate died. Murphy and I went through a deep depression and so we got Bixby. He became Murphy's baby. Bixby always had Murphy. Murphy took care of Bixby, groomed him and everything. Although Bixby wasn't always in the family mix as much as Murphy was, Bixby came around in those quiet moments and just sat with us. He enjoyed being with the adults and in his last few months, even with the kids. After Murphy died, I believe Bixby was at a serious loss without his friend. Bixby started to always be around us, looking for companionship. But even with this new behavior, it became apparent that there was something wrong. We took him in and found he had severe kidney failure... so bad there was nothing to do but send him to be with Murphy. We are without our kitty babies but I take comfort in knowing they are together again.



No comments:
Post a Comment