Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Charlie

Charlie came into Scott's family in the spring of 1994, just a few months after Scott and I started dating. He was the runt of his litter and full of spunk - even though he was tiny (wavered between 7 and 9 pounds), something he'd always be his entire life. Charlie was one of the reasons we fell in love with ragdolls (his breed) and eventually got our own ragdolls. In the first several years of Charlie's life, he stayed with us a few times but after we moved to Southern CA and he was about 5 years old, he came to live with us full time. We had our two other ragdolls and Charlie complemented our house full of cats.

Although Charlie had tooth issues - eventually only had 1 tooth left and had a few times of needing IV because we was so small, he always rebounded and was always his loving self. We were convinced Charlie would outlive our other cats.

Charlie lived on love. He loved to be cuddled, to be pet, to be right next to you. He was a quiet cat, but made himself known by just sitting by your feet, waiting to be fed. Every night as soon as one of us got into bed, he'd jump right up onto bed and nuzzle in next to us.

It is hard to imagine our life without Charlie, esp. since he was there since almost the beginning of Scott and I's relationship.

I will miss my morning feeding routine with Charlie. I will miss falling asleep with Charlie under my arm or snuggled between Scott and I. I will miss seeing Charlie sprawled out on the floor amongst the kids' toys. I will miss Charlie's laid back attitude. I will miss Charlie's easy-going temperament (allowing the kids to give him rough hugs and kisses). I will miss Charlie.

We'll always love you Charlie.














April 1994 - September 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment