Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Brooke's 2nd Birthday

How is it that my baby girl is 2 today. Already 2 years old! Gone are the days of two naps, bottles, crawling, baby food and fumbling with toys... now are the days of fighting for toys, trying to help, trying to talk and lots and lots of hugs and kisses.
I fear we will always be challenged to properly celebrate Brooke's birthday as it is only two days before Christmas but we will always try. We did a little celebration at lunch today with Brooke having her own huge cupcake to celebrate. And of course, I had to get 2-year old pictures done, which was much harder than I imagined as she freaked out and screamed as if we were giving her shots! But after a while the crying stopped and we got a couple okay shots. We followed that up with a dinner out by a dinner out to celebrate her and then we opened presents when we got home.

We'll have a family party for Brooke next week... we may not have gone big today, but we're certainly stretching out her birthday to make the most of it. After all, you can't have too many birthday celebrations at 2 years old!

1 comment:

  1. That is the best birthday cupcake I've ever seen!!!! Hope you all had a wonderful day : )

    ReplyDelete