Getting a Christmas tree has meant more in the past couple years, since having the kiddos. And each year with them just gets better and better. The kids (Scott included) ran around the Christmas tree lot and helped pick out a tree. Jack is now at an age where he understands what was going on, so it is really fun to see the anticipation and excitement on his face. As we brought the tree home, Jack sang Christmas songs to us (Jingle Bells and We Wish You A Merry Christmas) -- this from the boy who couldn't properly say "Santa" a year ago.
The next day (12/4) we decorated our tree - a great way to celebrate Brooke being home for 1 year. A year ago, we had a screaming child on the plane for our 30 hour trip home. This year, we had Christmas songs in the background as we decorated the tree.
Is there anything better than running around a Christmas tree lot chasing Daddy?
Jack putting up his Kazakh hat.
Brooke putting up her Kazakh yurt.
Although a gingerbread house is more traditional during Christmas, since Jack is a train lover (and since last years gingerbread house roof slid off before it was fully decorated!), we chose to do a gingerbread train this year. I'm not sure my construction was all that great, but with an "E-Z" built in tray, I couldn't screw it up that badly!
Brooke was supervising Jack and I.
Note the icing on my hands.
Somehow (?!!) we ended up with an extra piece... which went into the caboose, which was also the coal car and the majority of the candies were "coal" inside the coal car.

Love your train! Aren't the holidays so much fun with little ones? You'll appreciate ... a friend and I made advent calendars and while I wasn't looking today Owen ate the candy from every single day! Oh well!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the updates - I love checking in on the California Coles : )