Friday, January 15, 2010

Brooke's Birth Certificate

Back in July 2009, we had court for Brooke's readoption -- really, just to get a CA Birth Certificate so I don't need to use her Kazakh one. At the court hearing, we were told it would take about 10 months to receive her birth certificate, which would be May 2010. Seriously?

Well, only 6 months later, we received her CA Birth Certificate.... only they have my name spelled wrong. Interestingly enough, they have it spelled correctly on the cover letter/note. So after being on hold for 20 minutes, I reached a live person at the Office of Vital Records, who told me to send it all back with a note stating what needs to be corrected. No word on how long it will take to get the corrected one, but I guess they still have 4 months to get it right!

UPDATE, 2/9/10: We received Brooke's birth certificate! She officially has a CA birth certificate. With the exception of 2 more social worker visits, we're done with Brooke's adoption!

No comments:

Post a Comment