Monday, January 18, 2010

Girls Weekend

When I started our first adoption, my objective was to get a child. What I got, in addition to Jack, was an amazing friendship with some amazing women. Two I met in Kokshetau, two I met through the first two. Over the past three plus years our friendship has deepened and this past weekend, we gathered again in San Antonio for the long weekend and it was perfect.

We ate, we drank, we sightseed, we cried and we laughed and laughed and laughed.... and stayed up way too late every night. To be able to be with women who have walked in my adoption shoes, to have kiddos the same age, to be able to talk of our lives without judgement, but with sincerity, concern and humor, makes me realize just how valuable my friendship with them is.

No worries of schedules, feedings, naps, bed times, etc. No "mommy I need this, mommy hold me." Did I miss it; absolutely. Did I miss my kiddos and hubby; absolutely. Did I appreciate and value the time with my girlfriends, absolutely.

No comments:

Post a Comment