Thursday, February 4, 2010

Flying With Small Children

Thanks to $25 one way tickets of Southwest, I flew the kiddos up to see my parents, sister and brother-in-law. People always seems to be in awe when I tell them I'm flying with the kids, but I'm not sure why. Even the flight attendant made a tongue-and-cheek comment about "those flying with small children.... we're sorry!"

And after we had sat down on the plane and others were boarding, a young man said to me, "I'll be the brave one and sit next to the kids." Really? Why do you need to be "brave" to be next to my children? There was no crying during the whole flight. Maybe an occasional loud excited voice and even lots of laughter, but no screaming or crying.

Jack gets set up watching his DVD, Brooke sits on my lap with her sippy cup of water and I feed the kids. All is good for the whole flight.

And just to really prove it, as we were deplaning,
the flight attendant said to Jack: have a good evening.
Jack: thank you for flying with me!
flight attendant: thank you for flying with us.
Jack: you're welcome.
flight attendant: my, aren't you polite.
Jack: thank you.

Come on people -- now that is an example of flying with small children!

No comments:

Post a Comment