Thursday, February 11, 2010

Preschool Valentine's Day

The working mother's guilt hit again. In December, I missed Jack's preschool holiday party. So when I found out they were doing a Valentine's Day party, I wasn't going to miss it. Scott talked to the teacher a couple times to confirm the time and each time, she said I didn't need to be there, it wasn't much, no need to come, but if I did to not disrupt Jack. And even during the CPK outing, the other mothers told Scott they didn't know when it was, that they probably weren't going, etc. Every thing pointed towards me not going... but I was determined.

And I'm so glad I went. I arrived just as the kids were heading back into the classroom (from playing outside). Jack was so excited to see me but still followed his teachers direction. I got to see the kids get into their circle and have each child pass out their Valentine's day gift to the other kids. It was very sweet. After each child passed out their Valentine gifts, they moved to their tables to have a Valentine's Day treat (chocolates and a cookie).

It was only about 35 minutes, but I loved seeing Jack in his preschool setting, amongst his friends. I'm happy I stuck to my mothers instinct and went to see him (and the four other mothers who also showed up!).

Jack passing out his Valentine's Day gifts.
Jack with his friend Will.
Jack eating his Valentine's Day treat, with Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment