1 year ago today, we had Jack's first parent-teacher conference ever. And today, we had another parent-teacher conference. I have to admit, Jack's teacher last year wasn't the warmest teacher. It was her last year and granted, I didn't spend much time with her since Scott did the drop off and pick up last year, but she just didn't give off the warm-fuzzies. But this year with Mrs. Bartalotta, I just love her. She is warm, friendly and always smiling. She gives Jack hugs at the end of every day. She makes a point to say hi to the parents. She even rearranged her schedule and pushed out the last parent-teacher meeting to accommodate Scott's schedule and then spent an hour with us (instead of the normal 20 minutes). She is just wonderful.
But the point of the parent-teacher conference is to learn how Jack is doing at school....
...a model for my 5 year olds......an amazing kid...
...listens to direction...
...focus on tasks...
...wouldn't be surprise if he is above average...
Those are just some of the phrases Mrs. Bartalotta used during the conference. She said all wonderful things about Jack - both socially and academically.
Ya, we're extremely proud parents of this amazing boy!!!

And just a fun fact.....17 years ago today, Scott and I first met. Although Scott doesn't feel we have to remember this anniversary because our wedding date trumps our "first meet" anniversary, I still called our babysitter (daughter of our wonderful day care lady) and scheduled a date for us tonight. After all, if it wasn't for this day 17 years ago, we wouldn't have our wedding anniversary!
No comments:
Post a Comment