Last Saturday evening, Jack had a fever around 99.9 / 100.1, but it didn't slow him down. Sunday morning it was about the same but by early Sunday afternoon it was up to 102, so he got some Motrin and a short nap. In the evening he went from running around outside to being lethargic and just laying on me.Just before dinner, he complained of a stomach ache and then just after dinner, he threw up. (Apparently dinner wasn't a good idea!)
Monday morning he just laid on the couch and anyone who knows Jack, knows he doesn't sit or lay still. I took him to the Dr., who said he probably has a sinus infection. So we got some antibiotics and came home for a 2 hour nap. Monday afternoon his fever went up to 103; he had no fever Tuesday morning, but a slight fever (100) Tuesday afternoon. However, by Wednesday morning the fever finally broken for good.
I also took Jack for a eye appointment. Due to insurance, we had to change eye doctors. I loved our eye doctor but not enough to pay a few hundred dollars out of pocket per visit. This new eye doctor ran the same battery of tests on Jack. I was so proud of him -- reading his letters, sitting by himself in the chair, following all the directions with no problem.
Basically his eye sight is 20/20, which means the outward movement of his eye isn't affecting his eye sight (good news). The deviation of his eye is at about 16%. (0% is where the eye to totally in alignment; 45% is totally off to the side -- so 16% is minimal.) Unfortunately I don't know what the percentage was from the previous doctor (didn't know I could ask for this measurement) so I don't know if it is getting better or worse. What was consistent between the two doctors is that the deviation is more apparent when Jack is looking far away and it self corrects easily and quickly when he is looking at things up close.
The previous doctor didn't think Jack needed surgery. This doctor says if I want surgery, he'd do it, but if I didn't want surgery that that would be okay too. Since the deviation is not all the time and with the patching, it is less and less visible to us, we've decided to still hold off on surgery. And we'll check back in with this new eye doctor in 6 months.
Monday morning he just laid on the couch and anyone who knows Jack, knows he doesn't sit or lay still. I took him to the Dr., who said he probably has a sinus infection. So we got some antibiotics and came home for a 2 hour nap. Monday afternoon his fever went up to 103; he had no fever Tuesday morning, but a slight fever (100) Tuesday afternoon. However, by Wednesday morning the fever finally broken for good.
I also took Jack for a eye appointment. Due to insurance, we had to change eye doctors. I loved our eye doctor but not enough to pay a few hundred dollars out of pocket per visit. This new eye doctor ran the same battery of tests on Jack. I was so proud of him -- reading his letters, sitting by himself in the chair, following all the directions with no problem.
Basically his eye sight is 20/20, which means the outward movement of his eye isn't affecting his eye sight (good news). The deviation of his eye is at about 16%. (0% is where the eye to totally in alignment; 45% is totally off to the side -- so 16% is minimal.) Unfortunately I don't know what the percentage was from the previous doctor (didn't know I could ask for this measurement) so I don't know if it is getting better or worse. What was consistent between the two doctors is that the deviation is more apparent when Jack is looking far away and it self corrects easily and quickly when he is looking at things up close.
The previous doctor didn't think Jack needed surgery. This doctor says if I want surgery, he'd do it, but if I didn't want surgery that that would be okay too. Since the deviation is not all the time and with the patching, it is less and less visible to us, we've decided to still hold off on surgery. And we'll check back in with this new eye doctor in 6 months.
Feel better Jack ("and Brooke" - added by Owen!)
ReplyDeleteLove
Jodi and Owen