Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Not for the faint of heart

Any guesses what this is???



Back in June 2009, Jack had tubes put into his ears. About a year ago, he was still battling ear infections - to the point where we had
numerous visits with the ENT where the ENT determined the tubes were no longer functioning (not in place and covered in wax). The ENT was able to pull the left tube out, but not the right one. I was nervous for 6 months following that visit because if Jack had gotten another ear infection, it would have meant another surgery for a second set of tubes. But fortunately, that never happened. However, that meant that the right tube was still lodged somewhere in Jack's ear (but not functioning).

Well.... this morning I went to wake Jack up. He was sleeping on the left side; when I bent over to kiss his right cheek, I saw something in his ear. You should know... Jack is a very waxy kid. We've been told not put q-tips in his ears, not to clean out the wax, etc. And there have been times where I'll pulled out a small ball of wax that has collected. But this morning, it was different - this something was dark. Fortunately I was able to remove it before Jack really woke up and realized..... it was the tube - covered in wax!

Jack is now tube free!!

No comments:

Post a Comment