My hope of Brooke growing out of her fevers is diminishing. This time we only made it 9.5 weeks since her last episode.Last Wednesday when I picked the kiddos up from day care, she was fine. When we got home, the boys were playing with Scott's new PS3 Move while Brooke and I were cuddling on the couch. But at 6:30pm (when I woke up from my unexpected doze.....), I felt Brooke and she was on fire! A temp of 105.3 confirmed the panic that had set in on me.
I stripped off her clothes while Scott got the wet washcloth and Motrin. Fortunately 30 minutes later her temp was down to 100 (...and Scott put away the car keys - he had been ready for an ER visit). She was grumpy, clingy and didn't each much for dinner. By 7:30pm we put her to bed, still with a temp at 100.
Thursday morning she woke up with a 104.8 / 105.3 fever. Motrin pulled it down to 99 and I kept her home with me. She was great -- dressed up in her Cinderella dress, helped me changed the laundry and pick up Jack's blocks. By 11:45am she melted down, ate lunch while crying and then crashed at 12:30pm for her nap. While eating lunch, she said she had an ouchie in her mouth, was shaking a bit because she said she was cold and her fever was up to 99.9 / 100. In the afternoon, even with Tylenol, she was still in the high 102 / low 103 range.
Friday morning she woke up with a temp of 103 so I gave her Motrin. We flew up to my parents house and she did fine on the flight. At noon her temp was 100 but 30 minutes later it was back to 103, so I gave her some Tylenol which did bring it down but not for long.... at 4:30pm her temp was back up to 103 so more Tylenol. Fortunately that seemed to do the trick because at bed time her temp was only at 99.5. However, I checked her at 11pm and it was up to 101.8 so I gave her Motrin to get through the night. Or so I thought... she was up crying in the middle of the night, so much so that for the first time since she has been home, I pulled her into bed with me. She literally slept on me the rest of the night.
Saturday morning her temp was at 99 and stayed that way all day. This fever episode seemed to last just over 48 hours (same as last time), but this one seemed to have the fevers jump to higher numbers more frequently.
Friday morning she woke up with a temp of 103 so I gave her Motrin. We flew up to my parents house and she did fine on the flight. At noon her temp was 100 but 30 minutes later it was back to 103, so I gave her some Tylenol which did bring it down but not for long.... at 4:30pm her temp was back up to 103 so more Tylenol. Fortunately that seemed to do the trick because at bed time her temp was only at 99.5. However, I checked her at 11pm and it was up to 101.8 so I gave her Motrin to get through the night. Or so I thought... she was up crying in the middle of the night, so much so that for the first time since she has been home, I pulled her into bed with me. She literally slept on me the rest of the night.
Saturday morning her temp was at 99 and stayed that way all day. This fever episode seemed to last just over 48 hours (same as last time), but this one seemed to have the fevers jump to higher numbers more frequently.
Oh my, that picture of Brooke just breaks my heart! Poor little sweetie. I so wish these fevers would go away, for her and for you and Scott. I'm glad that she was still able to enjoy your trip to your mom and dad's though; all the pics from that trip are wonderful as always : )
ReplyDelete