Five years ago, a little boy was born with an uncertain path. By God's grace, Scott and I's path intersected with this baby boy and we are forever bound to this amazing person. I cannot imagine what the birth mother could have been feeling or thinking five years ago. I don't even know if she know the significance of today
... but for me, today marks my baby's 5th birthday. There is something about Jack turning 5 that is hitting me... this past year has been a huge change for him as he has gone from a preschooler to a little boy. The way he acts, the way he processes things... it is more grown up. Even his clothes are now purchased from the "kid" section instead of the "baby/toddler" section. At day care, he was asked what he wanted for his birthday lunch. His reply was: hot dogs, bell pepper, carrots and strawberries. Seriously?? No cake or anything! And here I though I was raising a healthy kid... but when we asked him what he wanted for his birthday dinner, his reply was: McDonalds chicken nuggets. 

For his birthday, he celebrated at day care (the day before) and at school (the day of). My parents came into down the afternoon of his birthday and we took him out to Farrells for his birthday dinner. He was very in-awe of the self-playing piano and was a little stary-eyed when the waiters came to sing to him.
What an amazing kid! Love him, love that God allowed all of our paths to cross!
ReplyDelete