Sunday, May 15, 2011

Firing Range

Months ago, Scott was on a business trip where a sales call lead him to a guns and ammo shop. Before going into business, the retailer showed off her guns and had Scott hold some of them. When he came home, he asked me if I'd ever be interested in going to a firing range to shoot guns. Much to his surprise, I said yes.

When we were talking with our friends Nicole and Christine, we were thinking of something to do and going to a firing range was a unanimous decision. When we walked into the place, there was a very distinct smell -- gun powder. I got a twinge of "OMG, what am I doing?" But then I got involved with reading the instructions and then all of a sudden, a basket with gun, bullets, goggles and ear protectors. I thought to myself.... really, all I did was show my ID and these people are handing me a gun just like that?

Apparently so, because then we put on the gear and walked into the back room. Our friend loaded a 22 gun and just like that, we were firing off. I had been told by my Aunt Pat to start with a 22 and I'm so glad I did. It was a good started to wrap my head around the idea of I'm actually holding a real, live gun and firing it!

After we went through those bullets, we changed guns to a 9mm. HOLY WOW!! That gun has a serious kick to it! About the 5th or 6th shot in, one of the shells pop up and went down my shirt! Ya, those shells are hot - just so you know.








Before we left the house to go the firing range, Jack told us to have fun with guns but to be safe and not to die! The next day, after seeing the photos and video, he asked if he could go with us next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment