Today was the last game of Jack's Lake Forest Little League season. I think he had a great season playing. He was the youngest, but his skill level could match - even exceed most of the players. Although his attention span was probably the smallest, as he was the most likely one to be playing in the dirt!
Earlier this week, out of the blue, Jack said thank you to me for being Team Mom. He asked me why I was Team Mom. To which I replied because it helps out his team and I'd do anything to help him out. And really, being team Mom wasn't so bad - even something I'd do again. Perhaps because I'm a working Mom, doing something that makes me feel more involved in my children's lives is important to me.
At the end of the game, the head coach said to Jack, "You were our first batter of the season and you were the last batter of the season - how did that happen?" Jack responded with, "Because that is what you told me to do!"
Last batter of the season and got to run the bases.
No comments:
Post a Comment