Thursday, April 5, 2012

Brooke's 1st painted nails

I was never over the top girly. But my daughter seems to be with her dressing up, just about every day, as a princess. And I'm not one to always have my finger nails painted, but I did a month ago and Brooke fell IN LOVE with my shinny, sparkly nails. I've never been a fan of little girls with brightly colored, yet chipped, unkept nail polish. So when a good friend got Brooke some princess nail polish for Christmas, I hesitated because Brooke is constantly biting her nails. To the point where I can't even remember the last time I had to cut her nails (toes included.... YUCK!). So I took the Christmas nail polish present as an incentive for Brooke -- stop biting your nails and then I'll paint them. Well, 3 months later and it hasn't worked.

So we're trying another tactic.... paint the nails and since they look so pretty -- like a princess, don't bite them.


The good part is, it is a light color (which is why you can't see it in the pictures).... so if they chip, I won't get irritated. But they sparkle, so Brooke loves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment