Sunday, October 14, 2012

4 years

Can you think back and remember that moment you fell in love with your child? In the adoption world, that moment in time is hard to pin-point... was it when you decided to adopt, when your dossier was complete, when you were waiting and envisioning your child, when you first saw their picture, when you first held them, when you first brought them home, when you rocked them to sleep for the 100th time? I can't say for sure when I fell in love with Brooke or Jack but I can tell you that the love I felt transcended time. I loved them before I saw them and before I held them.... such as this picture of when Scott first held Brooke 4 years ago today.
Our adoptions have been over for 3 years now and I rarely think of adoption or that my kids were adopted. They are just my kids. I do get questions about where Brooke got her blond hair and blue eyes, and those comments remind me that my kids were adopted. But when I look at Brooke's smiling face, all I see my beautiful, amazing daughter that I'm just lucky to parent.


2 comments:

  1. Awww, this made me tear up! How lucky we are to have our children. For me, I fell in love with Owen the first time I walked into that little room and looked down at his sweet face in crib #1. I will never forget that moment. Give Brooke extra big hugs from the Mechems today : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - amazing that 3 years have passed! I still remember following your journey. You guys are amazing parents and what a wonderful memory to share with Brooke when she gets older. These posts are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete