Monday, January 28, 2013

Mommy & Jack sleep over

Jack had been asking me to have a sleepover in his room. I was putting it off because he was asking during the school/work nights, but last Saturday was our official sleep over (much to Scott's dismay). We got ready for bed and then both piled into his loft bed. He was so giddy and wide-eyed to have me sleep in his bed (for the first time). He talked and laughed and showed me all the "cool" stuff about his bed (the night lights and stuffed animals). After about 40 minutes, he passed out asleep. I probably could have sneaked out, but fortunately, did not.

At one point in the middle of the night, I woke up to Jack talking out loud. At another point, I woke up to the noise of him drinking his water. And yet again, I woke up when he shouted out "MOMMY" because I had my back to him and he didn't see me under the covers. And even still, another time, I was woken up by him laying his head on my stomach and sleeping side ways. But even with all these times of being woken up, it was worth it because another time, I was woken up in the middle of the night to him kissing me on the cheek.


No comments:

Post a Comment