Just over a year ago, Jack lost his first tooth - at my parents house. Over the summer, he lost his 2nd tooth - at my parents house. But the trend of loosing his teeth at my parents house has ended.
Jack's bottom tooth, right of his middle center has been loose for a while. But he never really played with it or bothered with it. But for some reason, during the Super Bowl, he wiggled and wiggled and wiggled it. So much so that he wanted to tie a string to it and close a door to pull it out.
I was, honestly, nervous about that idea. So I got some (slipperly) floss, tied off the tooth, tied off the other end to a door and watched him slam the door shut. The slipperly floss came off the tooth - with the tooth still intact in his mouth. But Jack was deteremined - still pulling and wiggling it. So much so that he said he could hear it "crack". And sure enough, seconds later, he pulled that tooth right out! He was so excited and happy about it.
I have my childhood tooth fairy pillow that we were able to use for the first time (since we were home when this tooth came out). As we were putting the tooth in the pillow pocket, Jack asked if the tooth fairy was strong because a pillow is a big thing to lift for a little fairy, esp. with him laying on it. Then he though that maybe tooth fairies can fly through the pillow to get to the tooth. He also went through the possibilities of how much money the tooth fairy would bring.
The next morning, I went into his room to say good-bye before leaving for work. Most of the time, he is still asleep or just waking up laying down. But this morning, he was sitting straight up in bed with a big toothy grin holding up his cash. He said he woke up at 5:40am to see what he got, went to the bathroom and then went back to sleep. (I'm not sure how much I believe that he went back to sleep...)
Jack's bottom tooth, right of his middle center has been loose for a while. But he never really played with it or bothered with it. But for some reason, during the Super Bowl, he wiggled and wiggled and wiggled it. So much so that he wanted to tie a string to it and close a door to pull it out.
I was, honestly, nervous about that idea. So I got some (slipperly) floss, tied off the tooth, tied off the other end to a door and watched him slam the door shut. The slipperly floss came off the tooth - with the tooth still intact in his mouth. But Jack was deteremined - still pulling and wiggling it. So much so that he said he could hear it "crack". And sure enough, seconds later, he pulled that tooth right out! He was so excited and happy about it.
The next morning, I went into his room to say good-bye before leaving for work. Most of the time, he is still asleep or just waking up laying down. But this morning, he was sitting straight up in bed with a big toothy grin holding up his cash. He said he woke up at 5:40am to see what he got, went to the bathroom and then went back to sleep. (I'm not sure how much I believe that he went back to sleep...)

No comments:
Post a Comment