Saturday, August 22, 2009

Trip to Northern California

I decided to do an impromptu trip up to Northern CA to visit my parents, sister and brother-in-law with the kiddos; and it gave Scott a good break. I'm becoming much more at ease with traveling alone with the two kids -- Jack even broke me in with having to go to the bathroom while on the plane (on the way home). Good thing my kiddos are small in those little plane bathrooms!

Even though the trip was last minute, we squeezed in visit with a good friend of mine. Her oldest was already in school, but her two younger ones were home and nicely shared their toys with Jack and Brooke.

We stayed at Nini's house and I got to sleep in the same bed with Jack. I love falling asleep with him next to me (something I rarely do at home since my kiddos are use to sleeping in their own beds in their own rooms). Although Jack is a mover while sleeping (flips every which way; head at the foot of the bed, head on me, feet at/on my head....), I know moments of watching him sleep are rare and so valuable. As are those moments of watching Jack with Pappy (my dad); eating ice cream together, having Jack just turn to Pappy and say, "I love you Pappy". Just as those moments of seeing Brooke cuddling with Pappy or just wanting Duh (Uncle Sam) hold her. She certainly knows her extended family and is pulling the same tricks on them as she does with Scott and I; crying when she wants to be held but is put down, or turning her head to not eat her food.

The kiddos did crafts with Nini (my sister), baked cookies, played baseball, played in the kiddie pool, ate ice cream, helped with the construction of Mom and Dad's house and just laughed a lot. A great way to end the summer.







2 comments:

  1. What a very special family you have : ) Can't wait to get my very own finger print card - hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I too have an entirely greater appreciation for my parents now that I get to see them love on my daughter. Special moments indeed. Ivonne

    ReplyDelete