Friday, April 30, 2010

April 2010 Milestones

Jack:
-puts on his (velcro) shoes all by himself
-can sign his own name
-starting to throw full blown tantrums (the screaming, kicking, going on and on and on...)
-started T-ball and loves, loves, loves it
- has been approved for 12 sessions of eating therapy
- has decided he no longer needs me in the bathroom stall with him (no mommy, I can do it all by myself!)


Jack sayings:
I was talking about the baby shower I was co-hosting...
Jack: why does Auntie Stein need a shower, she has one in her bathroom.

I came home from work and Jack saw a paper cut on my wrist...
Jack: next time you are at work and have a boo-boo, you tell them you have an ouchie and need a bandaid!

After a night of the kids doing a very poor job of cleaning up their toys, the first thing Jack said next morning...
Jack: Mommy, I'm sorry I didn't clean up my toys better; tonight I'll clean up fast.

Scott and I went out to sushi dinner, picked up the kids and on the drive home....
Jack: What did you eat for dinner?
Scott: Sushi.
Susan: Do you know what sushi is?
Jack: No.
Susan: Sushi is fish.
Jack: Daddy, you can't eat sushi because then the fish will swim in your mouth!

While watching a baseball game, the announcer says the ballplayer is stealing a base....
Jack: Daddy, he has to go to jail because he is stealing.


Brooke:
-her most favorite (recent) words are "hold me", although "no mommy" is a close second
-she loves hopping everywhere
-was evaluated (down) to speaking at an 18 month old level so she can requalify for speech therapy
-can do somersaults
-says "oh-tay" for okay
-says "back" when she leaves the room
-is very good at fetching things for us... my slippers when I get home, Jack's may-may when he cries, etc.


And I just had to post this cute picture of the two of them together.












No comments:

Post a Comment