Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Calories Needed

Jack had a GI appointment back on November 30 which I seem to have missed posting about (probably because I was on a business trip and Scott took him!). At that visit, Jack's weight was up at the 20% at 34.5lbs. He had gained almost 4 pounds since the previous visit (in August) which was double the average weight gained.

We were clearly way too confident of parents after that visit because since November, Jack has gained just over a pound. I took him to his follow up appointment yesterday and he is only at 36lbs and back down to the 3% (both in height and weight - although height as always been at 3%).

I've slacked off on giving Jack DuoCal (a powder supplement to add calories) and I stopped giving smoothies in the afternoon (to add calories). I thought that by the fact that he was eating at every meal and even eating snacks that he'd be okay. Clearly I was wrong. Just having Jack eat every meal and snacks isn't enough. So I need to get back to packing in the extra calories onto Jack.

Clearly Jack was listening at the dr. appointment because last night when I asked him what he wanted for dinner, he said, "calories". And when I asked him what he wanted to drink at dinner, he said, "smoothie with calories". And here I thought he was just playing the iTouch while I chatted with the doctor!

1 comment:

  1. So even thought I know this issue with Jack troubles your heart, his comments are so adorable (just like him!). Big hugs for you all!

    ReplyDelete